My Trim Healthy Mama Start

I started my  Trim Healthy Mama journey in February of this year. It took me about a week to read through the book as its 607 pages long. Don't let the length stop you from this journey as a good portion of it is filled with recipes.
The ladies explain a lot of science behind the THM life style and it is really good to understand the hows & whys of this program.
You can dive right in and get started if that's your style. I like to take my time read through everything and get organized.
My thought is you set yourself up for better success when you are organized and understand what it is you are trying to accomplish.

In two months I lost approximately 16 lbs, now that might not sound huge to you but it is for me! I have surgical menopause and thyroid issues, so basically my fat is super stubborn.  On the up side my husband usually looses more weight then me and this time I kept up with him. He always jumps in to diet with me but prefers the Weight Watchers plan.

I haven't been actively doing the plan as life kind of took another direction for a few months. The first and major life changer was  my father suddenly passed on April 10th, he was only 67. It took me almost until the end of May to even start to feel normal again. Grief is hard and food is like comfort to your sole. 

The second life changer is after having an empty nest for 2 years my son moved back home. This was a good change, but it did keep this THM off her normal cooking routine. I wanted to make all his favorite foods, just because it was so fun having him back home again.

The third is our business life got really stressful with lots of work and no workers. My husband and I own a remodeling company and it's not a normal 9-5 job. We eat lunches out everyday, we have appointments after 5pm and with the 40 min commute we often get home late.

I have gain back a few pounds since I went off the THM wagon, but whats important is that I am back doing my THM life! I don't want to gain all the weight back, because it feels to good having it off...

Since I live a pretty busy life style I need to be more organized about my food prep and eating out. This will be my mission and I hope to share the ideas and tips in my following posts. If you have any of your own please share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment